Summer is the most popular season to visit Malaga. However, early fall is just as good! Go to Malaga in September and enjoy good weather, fewer tourist crowds and better prices. Read the article to find all the reasons why September is the best month to visit Malaga.
Let’s start with your trip to Malaga from the airport. My tip is to use Welcome Pickups airport transfer service. High-quality service at a reasonable price! Check the details below.
1. Perfect weather conditions
September is still hot enough for going to the beach but every evening, you’ll enjoy some fresh breeze. If hot weather is challenging for you, then travelling in September to Malaga will be the best option since the high summer temperatures decrease and we get a nice average temperature of 28°C during the day and 19°C at night. And only one day of rain!
2. Fewer crowds
Most summer destinations estimate dwindling crowds once Labor Day passes. This can be an added incentive for a getaway in September, especially for those who prefer a more relaxed atmosphere and much less traffic. September helps visitors avoid some of the most exhausting elements of your summer Andalusia trip: crowds and heat!
3. Better hotel and apartment deals!
Luxury resorts often advertise the most significant discounts within the end of summer and into early fall. When September comes, we start the ‘medium-low season,’ so you can find some amazing deals.
To make it easier for you, here you go, some little presents and discounts to book your accommodation for your last summer break! 🙂
- Get 34 € on your first booking on Airbnb by clicking here
- Get 15 € back after your stay with Booking using this link!
4. Discounts on travel gear
If you are extending your summer vacation into September, you will find out that it is also a fantastic month for potential savings on any leftover summer goods and fashion. Stock up on discounted beach goods, sunscreen, and seasonal clothes.
5. Sea temperature
The Mediterranean Sea waters are not as hot as you can imagine, especially in the beginning of the summer. Even though most of the travellers don’t choose September for beach vacations, it is in September when you will find the perfect sea temperature. After so many sunny days, the sea is much warmer in September than in July!
It’s not too late to enjoy the salty, fresh air while jumping through the waves. Ideal for working up an appetite for those delicious “espetos” (typical Malaga’s grilled sardines) cooked on the fire at almost every beach bar or “chiringuito”.
6. Outstanding evenings
After a day out, relaxing on the sofa is always a nice idea, but even better when it’s cool enough to snuggle up. You will find the September evening breeze to be a relief. It is still warm enough to eat outside and take a sunset stroll, but cool enough to sleep comfortably.
7. Events, Events & More Events…
Wondering if all summer events will be over? No! There are plenty of things to do in Malaga in September. Here we list for you some of the amazing events that will take place along the Costa del Sol on September 2019:
- International Culture Festival Torrox
- When: From 31 August to 3 September
- Where: Avenida del Faro, Torrox
- Harvest Festival Manilva
- Where: Manilva
- When: from 31 August to 1 September
- Mijas Pueblo Fair
- Where: Mijas Pueblo
- When: 6 to 11 September
- Festival Luna Mora Guaro
- Where: Guaro
- When: 6 and 7 September
- Embrujo Andalusí Carratraca
- When: From September 6 to 8
- Where: Carratraca
- Pasarela Larios / Fashion Week Malaga
- Where: Larios Street, Malaga
- When: 13 and 14 September, 8:30 am
- San Miguel Pilgrimage Torremolinos
- When: Pilgrimage September 22, 10 am to 4 pm. The Fair takes place during the following week.
- Where: The pilgrimage passes through the streets of Torremolinos to Pinares de Los Manantiales and from there to Ermita de San Miguel.
- San Miguel Fair Torremolinos
- When: 25 to 29 September
- Where: City center and fairgrounds
- World Tourism Day in Malaga
- Where: In the Monuments and Museums of Málaga
- When: 27 September
Come to Malaga in September and You will enjoy the best time of the year in Malaga and Andalucia! Also, you can join our tours!
Check out the experiences we offer: Traditional tapas and wine tours, authentic gipsy flamenco shows, private city tour, hiking to the best Sunset and many more!
Join us! We are looking forward to showing you everything we know about Malaga and our wonderful Andalucia 🙂